Jesus said we are to “love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” Matthew 22:37 Are you in love with the Lord, the sovereign, living God of the universe? Here are 10 signs that say yes:
1. When you think about the future, He is in it. When you make plans both in the near and distant future, you seek Him first, and make your plans accordingly.
2. You love spending time with Him. You could easily spend all of your time with Him – in His Word (the ultimate love letter), in worship, in prayer, and in fellowship with fellow believers.
3. Other relationships are secondary to your love of the Lord. Your relationship with the Lord comes first, then God’s love flows through you to others.
4. Other priorities are no longer as important as they used to be.
5. Every little thing reminds you of Him. Little details you see while walking down the street make you think about Him.
6. You feel comfortable talking to Him about anything.
7. Even when you get mad at Him, you know He will forgive you if you come to Him with a repentant heart.
8. You find yourself always bringing Him up in conversations.
9. You feel safe and comfort knowing that you are a child of God.
10. The thought of living without Him is unimaginable. You want to commune with Him, always and forever.
Each of us are unique and special. Created by God, He imagined and laid out exactly what He had in mind for each of us – our gifts, talents, looks, and calling – everything. But more than that, his great desire and passion has always been that we would live with Him forever. He loves us more than we can imagine and more than life itself. Literally, He sacrificed everything to make us His. And now, He calls to us to spend eternity with Him here and in heaven. Will you take the call? Wouldn’t you like to introduce your friends and family to your First Love (God)?
To God be the glory
Board of Evangelism